Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What is Righteousness?

We embarked on our new journey knowing that we as a family would meet some contention. During one of these moments, I asked a question that is still reverberating in my mind. The question, "what is righteousness?". It's a very strong word to throw around. I have made a mistake in using it in the wrong context a couple of times. Yeshua is our savior. We have salvation through him. As John stated: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God. John 1:1. Yeshua is Elohim. He sent His word and manifested it into flesh. This blew my mind. Yeshua stated: "If you love Me, keep my commandments", John 14:15. Yeshua being Elohim is stating that we should keep the commandments. So back to righteousness. Yeshua kept all the commandments in love. All of them. Yes we are forgiven by Yeshua dying on the cross, but does this give us an excuse to sin? I know that I am far from perfect. Why did Elohim give the commandments? He wanted righteousness from us. We are not saved through works but it sure helps me walk the straight path that Elohim wants me to follow. I had to step back and take a look at what Elohim really wants from me. Sin? No He wants Righteousness.

A Man should forever be God-fearing in the innermost recesses of his heart, acknowledge the truth, and speak the truth in his heart.

Baruch HaShem
Lee

No comments: