Thursday, July 10, 2008

The bumps on the journey

I have been challenged again in how I view my life in comparison to what it should be walking in the Torah life. I had a moment where in my ignorance and flesh I could have potentially caused strife among my fellow believers. When it was brought to my attention, instead of realizing my mistake however innocent and asking forgiveness I couldn't look past my innocence and self pity. The constant theme through out the scriptures throughout the Torah and as emphasized by Jesus is LOVE! If i love my fellow brothers and sisters I would just be quiet, ask for forgiveness and do what I can to fix the mistake. In my flesh, I demanded justice. I wanted to blame others. I was embarrassed. After the tears stopped flowing and the anger subsided, I needed to explain some things to my children. I told them that, sometimes we do things without thinking that could cause hurt. We have to always be on guard of what we do say and think. We are told to "take captive every thought" and guard our tongues. The list can go on and on with words of wisdom from the Scriptures. I reminded them that sometimes things happen that we don't mean to-like when one of the bigger kids knocks their baby brother over and he bonks his head. Even though it was and accident instead of quickly declaring your innocence you need to help your brother up, tell him your sorry and love on him. I also had another chance to teach them of how important it is to be like Jesus. Jesus didn't lash out in anger and tears when he was being wrongly accused. He kept silent. He loved all of them. I'm not by any means comparing myself to Jesus because of course He WAS blameless, however we need to remember to be silent and not so quick to defend ourselves. In my walk before even though I knew the scriptures and I knew what God wanted me too, I probably would have still remained in my flesh and dwelt in bitterness. I probably would have seperated myself from others to protect myself from anymore hurt. I would have been angry at my husband and it would spill over to the children. Walking the Torah life keeps me in constant thought with the Almighty. It has changed my view and way of thinking. My children are constantly reminded. I see my son's tzittzit and remember the commands-LOVE. Why are we following the Torah? To be like Jesus. To love Him. HE said "if you LOVE me, keep my commandments. Thank you Father for giving these times in my life to learn and grow and to remember that I can cling to you always. That you are my constant. Thank you for these opportunities I have to teach my children also. Thank you for my sisters and brothers that are there to help keep us in check and to bring our focus back to YOU and your Word. I thank you so much for my wonderful husband that just loves me and gently reminds me to just trust in you.
Sandra

No comments: