Monday, May 26, 2008

Meeting time!

When do I meet with the Father? Early in the morning? At night? When do I sit down and talk with the maker? These past few weeks have been uplifting. I used to believe that my prayer time was the time that I spoke with Adonai. You know the brief prayer over food and with my children when they go to bed. Don’t get me wrong prayer time is very important to me as it should be to all. As a matter of fact I use the Amidah as a foundation to my praying time. The eighteen benedictions. I also pray them with my children and my wife. As I continue to seek him, He weaves into my heart the love he has always wanted to share with me. The love that I have pushed away. I now desire to meet with him any chance I get. I seek him. He is my Father. He is in every question I ask. Every step I take. Every decision I make. He is there for everything I do in my life. He is sovereign. It is amazing what I have be missing my entire life. Not just my meeting time with Adonai, but my friendship with him. He has always desired to walk among us. He walked with Adam and Eve in the garden, but they transgressed. He wanted to walk among the children of Israel at Mount Sinai but they were too afraid. He had Moses build the tabernacle so he could dwell with them. He walked among us and was hated. This is why He created us. To be with us, to love us, we just need to return to Him.
Lee

No comments: