Monday, May 12, 2008

Lee's Testimony

It has been an amazing journey. Adonai has opened our eyes. It is really unbelievable. I have learned more about scripture in 5 months then I have in my whole “partial” walk with the Father. Yet I had some questions. People always say “what would Jesus do?” The questions I asked were what DID Jesus do? Did Jesus come for us? After learning that Jesus (from the Scriptures) followed every commandment that Adonai commanded the children of Israel it made me think. Not only did He follow the commandments he also followed tradition. If God made these commandments and Jesus followed them every day that He was on earth, why do we not follow them now? Aren’t we supposed to be like Jesus? Why do we follow the 9 commandments and not the 10? Adonai said for ALL generations to keep His commandments. We know through Scripture that Jesus kept the Sabbath. He kept Pesach (Passover). He kept the Torah! He walked in all the commandments. Why would Adonai issue these commandments so we could do away with them later? Adonai knows the past, present, and future. He already knew at the time of the commandments that He was going to send Jesus. He didn’t say “I will send one to abolish the commandments”. It really doesn’t make sense to me. The covenant he gave Abraham was continued at Mount Sinai as an everlasting covenant not a temporary one. It was a continuation of the covenant at Sinai. He loves us and he wants us to walk the righteous path as Jesus did. This is why he gave us the privilege to follow the commandments. They are not burdensome to me. I repented and turned to the Torah
Lee

No comments: