Saturday, November 15, 2008

The love life

John 15:9-12
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Love each other as I have loved you. This is an amazing verse. We all know that Yeshua loves us. So how are we to love each other as Yeshua has loved us. I believe that we are to love everyone as Yeshua loves us. Not just other believers. We may not like what others are doing. We don't have to love the sin but we are commanded to love the person. It's so easy to hate in this fallen world that we forget what our master has taught us. So I have been searching for the scripture for answers. Other then Yeshua our savior one man comes to mind. Abraham had the love life that Yeshua is trying to teach us. Some sages believe that by the age of three Abram was already understanding that idolatry was wrong. He had an understand that there was Elohim, the one true God. The sages also believe that he knew Noah and Shem for a time. This would give Abram some incite about Elohim and the flood. Here is a timeline:





As I continued to read about Abram many things that he did reminded me of the love life we are to have when interacting with others. He loved the way Yeshua wants us to love. Here is some examples of Abraham's love life. Abram's and Lot's Shepard's started to quarrel with each other. So Abram decided to separate. He did not want any strife with is brother in-law so he gave him first choice. Lot then gets captured and Abram does not hesitate to take up arms and rescue lot from the four kings with 318 servants. He also begged Elohim to save Sodom because his love of his brother in-law. He always brought strangers into his home and fed them. He was even upset when he sent Hagar and his son away. Gen 21:11-13 And the matter was very displeasing in Abraham's site because of his son, but Elohim said to Abraham, "do not let it be displeasing in your site because of the lad or because of you bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed shall be called. "Yet I will also make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, because he is your seed. Now many will argue that he only gave them one wine skin and some bread in the middle of the desert, but I believe that he trusted Elohim. He understood that Elohim would take care of his son while he was wondering the wilderness, and He did. Plus He told Abraham that he would make a great nation out of Ishmael. Of course we know the story of Issac's sacrifice. Abraham's love for Elohim was so great that he knew even if Issac died that Elohim would bring him back to the living. Abraham was not perfect, but Abraham's love life is a great example of the love life that we are to keep as believers in Yeshua.

Baruch Hashem

Lee

No comments: