Friday, November 14, 2008

Diligence

We try so hard to comprehend what God is that we forget to understand that He just loves us. I used to imagine what God looked like. This man sitting on a throne with a strong face looking down at his creation handing down punishments for our wrong doing. Wow was I wrong. There is no way that I can comprehend what God is, but I can understand that he loves me and cares for me. If I were to call out to my son to come to me I expect him to respond right away and come to me. When he does not then this grieves my heart. When God tells us something we should do it right away. We should be diligent to Him. We can not be idle. Ok God I heard you but let me think about it for a couple of weeks and I will get back to you. This grieves our Father's heart. We will do, and then we will understand. We must do first and then He will bring understanding to us.

No comments: